Ed. Note: To keep up with the latest announcements and information from the American Society for Legal History, follow its twitter account @ASLHtweets.
Small Grants for Early Career Scholars
Responding to continuing constraints on research travel during the pandemic, the ASLH announces a competition for 10 small grants to support legal history research in digital and print sources this summer. The application is open to ASLH members who are current graduate students at any stage as well as recent PhD or JD graduates (2019 or later).
Each successful applicant will receive $1,000, to be used to obtain digital or print materials and/or to cover other research expenses, including food and housing expenses, incurred while conducting summer research using digital or print sources.
For full information on how to apply, please visit the ASLH website here. Applications are due April 30, 2021, with results anticipated by May 20, 2020.
Questions about this initiative should be directed to Lauren Benton at email@example.com.
Registration is now open for ASLH’s 2021 annual meeting, which will be held in New Orleans, Louisiana on November 5-6, 2021.
Click here to register for ASLH 2021.
In addition to registering for the ASLH’s annual meeting, you can also begin booking hotel rooms at our conference venue, the InterContinental New Orleans, for just $189/night. Since the ASLH commits to filling a minimum number of rooms and faces heavy penalties if we fall short, we want to strongly encourage you to consider booking at the conference hotel rather than choosing alternatives.
Click here to reserve rooms for ASLH 2021.
As you make plans to join us, a few additional points of information:
- ASLH cannot offer registration refunds after October 14, 2021.
- Attendance at the annual luncheon is included in the price of the meeting.
- Only one registration at a time is permitted. If you wish to register a guest, you will need to register your guest independently.
- In registering for the conference you agree to conform to AHA standards for professional conduct adopted by the ASLH.
- Rooms can be booked at the conference rate until October 14, 2021.
- At the annual meeting, the ASLH pledges to follow CDC-recommended pandemic protocols in place as of November 2021. Requirements for participant conduct (for example, regarding social distancing and mask wearing) will be communicated to registrants in October 2021 and in on-site registration materials.